Monday, July 2, 2012

Moving out west!

About a year ago, my now-husband and I moved out to Colorado in May of 2011. It was a combination of nerves and excitement when we got really serious about making the move. I was so excited to adventure to somewhere new! Leave the hectic DC job scene and humidity, enjoy a more laid back lifestyle, get to play outside anytime we wanted, explore little mountain towns- what more could I ask for? Well if I could have it MY way I would bring all of my family and friend with me. Especially my family. I lived less than an hour from my parents and my brother and his kids. And about three hours from my sister and her kids. Plus we have a family beach house that we all gathered at in the summer that was just three hours a way. I wanted all that out west too! Being close with my family, getting to watch my niece and nephews grow up, that all priceless. But adventure called and we decided to pack up the car and the cat and drive 24 hours out to Colorado, ending up just south of Denver. And even though it's tough sometimes I am so glad we did it.

We have had so much fun here in just a year, escaping to the mountains every chance we get to hike or run with our dog in the clean mountain air. We have explored cute little mountain towns from Grand Lake near Rocky Mountain National Park to Ouray near Durango in the South, and tried tons of micro-brews on the way. We've made great friends and adopted our best little friend Jake, our dog. It's been an amazing adventure and it's only just begun. I can't wait to tell you about all the awesome hikes, coffee shops, breweries, and more we've found along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment